Retail Security in Lakeland, FL
Protect your Lakeland, FL store from inventory loss and employee theft
Whether you manage a single retail store, a multi-site retail franchise, or a nation-wide retail
chain, you need your video surveillance system to provide value well beyond the basic benefits of
security, loss prevention, and risk management.
Today's retail business managers in Lakeland, FL need tools specifically designed to empower
their security, marketing and operational teams with information to effectively grow and protect the
company's bottom line.
Lakeland Security Cameras Direct commercial surveillance systems and retail security solutions provide intelligent visual
integration with existing retail systems to solve long-standing challenges faced by Lakeland retailers of
every size and specialty.
Retail stores are extremely susceptible to theft. In fact, studies show that the average retail
business with $1M+ in revenue is losing more than $50K per year.
Business loss comes from a variety of sources, including:
- Employee theft (47%)
- Shoplifting (32%)
- Administrative error (14%)
- Vendor fraud (4%)
Source: National Retail Federation
With our Lakeland, FL Retail Security Systems, you can:
- Prevent Loss Deter shop-lifting, prevent employee theft, reduce inventory
- Improve Profitability Detect cashier-related shrink, detect fraudulent
transactions (discounts, cash refunds, coupons, zero-sales, returns, and more)
- Enhance Customer Experience Monitor employee/customer interactions, improve
facility service levels, monitor stock-outs, blocked aisles, and long queues
- Optimize Store Performance Improve staff planning, increase employee
productivity, analyze customer behavior and traffic flow, optimize store layout
- Increase Conversion Rates Evaluate and improve effectiveness of in-store
advertising and other marketing activities, analyze store conversion rates
- Mitigate Facility Risk Reduce likelihood and cost of defending fraudulent "slip
and fall" claims and other lawsuits
Additionally, our Lakeland, FL Retail Security Systems enable you to:
- Manage from ANYWHERE Remotely monitor your Lakeland store(s) via the Internet, manage
multiple stores from a centralized location
- Improve Management Efficiencies Reduce time spent investigating suspect
incidents, produce detailed exception reporting, linked to video evidence
- Improve Operational Consistency Monitor and maintain system-wide operational
Lakeland Security Cameras Direct Retail Security Systems are ideal for:
- Convenience stores
- Gas stations
- Apparel retailers
- Specialty stores
- Grocery stores
- High-risk stores
- Full service and quick-serve restaurants
Important Tips & Considerations
System Configuration – When setting up a video security system for your Lakeland, FL retail
store, there are several key considerations:
- Position cameras at all entrances and exits (preferably at eye level or above) in order to get a
clear identity of each person who enters your store.
- Place surveillance cameras in stock rooms and storage areas to prevent employee theft and track
- Focus additional cameras (consider hidden cameras) on areas where valuable merchandise (jewelry,
electronics, pharmaceuticals) is stored or shelved.
- Always consider using a networkable video recorder (NVR) to manage your security footage. NVRs
record and store video locally, and enable you to broadcast your security footage via the
Internet – allowing you to monitor your Lakeland, FL retail store(s) from anywhere, at any time.
- Outdoor cameras in your parking lot can help reduce theft of customer cars, shopping carts, and
help to reduce store liability in the event of accident.
Privacy Protection – Always install your security cameras in public areas, such as
the sales floor, the customer service desk, or warehouse/inventory rooms. Avoiding areas such as
bathrooms and employee break rooms will maintain the privacy for your employees and customers.
Disruptions – Power surges or outages can lead to damage or disruptions in your
video surveillance footage. While these risks are not common, you should consider having an
alternate power supply and/or security system in place should this occur in your Lakeland, FL store.
Theft and Vandalism – Cameras and recorders are often a target for thieves looking
to disguise or protect their identities. Always keep your recording solution in a safe & locked
location, and supplement your security system with covert cameras to capture video evidence should
your traditional cameras be disabled.